Samsung has introduced the New Galaxy Smart Tag+ – A Smart Way to find lost items. The Tag+ is a new updated Smart Tag version, which can find your lost items with greater accuracy. The Gadget comes enabled with both Bluetooth Low Energy and Ultra-Wideband Technology.
People can easily attach the Gadget aka Galaxy Smart Tag+ with everyday items like a backpack, and then, with the help of AR, it can visually guide you towards the thing that you lost through your smartphone camera. The Gadget also requires pre-installation of the SmartThings Find service to function correctly.
New Updates to the Galaxy Smart Tag+
- UWB (Ulta Wide-Band) will help you a great deal in finding things more accurately. As a result, you can easily follow your AR instructions, and once you are nearer to the object, you can produce a massive sound to find it even if it is not visible at the location.
- SmartThings is Samsung’s app and hub which is lunched for easily handling compatible home devices.
- The SmartThings Find’s powerful tracking service will let other users opt-in to help people find their lost items. So, when you lose something that is physically too far from you, any device nearby to the object will alert SmartThings Find, and it will, in turn, warn you. Even when offline, the Galaxy Find Network can use scanned data to find the item privately. You can also switch to other devices you own, for example your tablet or smart watch, to locate your items.
- You must log-in your Samsung account and register on SmartThings Find. You need to pair SmartTag+ with ultra-wideband(UWB)-enabled Galaxy smartphones.
- In SmartThings app, you will have a widget and a shortcut to the tag+ in the pull-down shortcut menu on your phone.
- Apart from finding lost items and things, the Galaxy Smart Tag+ can also let you control your other smart devices, like turning them off and on.
Available Date: The Gadget (Galaxy Smart Tag+) will be available from April 16, 2021.
Key Things about the Galaxy Smart Tag+
- You can turn anything into a Trackable Item by Attaching Galaxy Smart Tag+.
- You can locate your devices from anywhere, even when offline.
- You will only see your object’s location data.
- Your ID will be randomly generated every 15 minutes.
- You can find things more easily with the combo of Map, Ring, and AR Finder.
- AR Finder helps you step-by-step to find your lost item. This system helps you by a great visual way to locate your lost item when you attach a SmartTag+. It even informs you when you are close to the item. It signals with a glimmering green sensor light when you’re at the destination. It shows you the way on your mobile phone screen through the SmartThings app.
- You can choose your favorite color variant of the Tag.
- Your lost item can be tracked down from as far as 120m through Bluetooth without obstruction.
- This smart tracking device will be compatible with the Galaxy S21 Ultra, Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy Z Fold 2.
- The tracking device has a simple design. You will find a button and a hole on this device. You can attach this gadget to a clip, your backpack, your key rings, glass cases, other home accessories or even you can attach it to the collars of pet animals if you have one. If you are fond of your pet animals or any other things you like, you can use this gadget to smarly track when they are not in front of you.
- You can turn on the lights and other electronic devices with one click using this tracking gadget.
- If you allow the gadget to help you to find your phone when lost, it will ring your phone when you give a double press on the button of the Smart Tag+.
The best part here is that the product is from Samsung. They are really focused on this one to compete with Apple. So, hope it turns out for the best!