Apple has reportedly solved a cross-site scripting flaw with two minor updates for iOS and watchOS. Apple releases iOS 14.4.2 and calls upon all its users to download the updates as soon as possible.
The Vulnerability (Apple releases iOS 14.4.2)
Apple notes down on its support page that the flaw allowed malicious websites to carry out cross-site scripting, which allowed the webpage to get content from other webpages open on your device. Here is the official impact note >>>
Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to universal cross-site scripting. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.
Learn more about Cross-site scripting here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_scripting
You can update your devices to the latest iOS 14.4.2 just as Apple releases iOS 14.4.2 and watchOS 7.3.3 right now by manually downloading the updates.
About Apple which releases iOS 14.4.2
Founded in 1976, Apple is now one of the big five companies in the world and certainly the most dominant and classy in the smartphone world. Apple’s smartphones, widely known as iPhones, are one of the highly branded products in the smartphone industry. Kudos to iPhones, Apple is now the largest tech company in the world according to revenue and since January of 2021, Apple became the world’s most valuable company. Besides, it is dubbed by many as the world’s most valuable brand. Let us look a bit more into Apple’s empire.
- Apple’s total worldwide revenue was $274.5 billion in the fiscal year 2020 and is the first $2 trillion U.S. company.
- Apple had gained success with Computers at first, though over the years, Jobs shifted his point of attention from PCs to consumer electronics.
- The success with iPhones was just unprecedented, with over 270,000 sales within the first 30 hours.
- iPhones, iPads, iPods, iTunes, iMac, Macbook, etc. are just some of the major examples of Apple’s bizarrely successful products and services.
iOS – The life of iPhones
iOS is the mobile operating system created by Apple (Apple releases iOS 14.4.2) for its hardware including iPhones, iPads, and others. It is the biggest source of criticism for Android, the operating system for most other smartphones excluding Apple. One of the greatest reasons behind iOS being so successful is its Ease of Use. The latest stable version of iOS is iOS 14.
Now, though iOS is the second most popular Mobile Operating System, it is a matter of wonder how people often give the best OS award to iOS. There are a couple of amazing reasons behind that claim.
Security Features of iOS – The game changing OS
- Secure Boot is available on iOS.
- Secure Enclave is another amazing feature to feast on.
- Apple got everyone’s attention with its Face ID feature.
- The passcode feature is also available, making no big difference.
- Yet another interesting feature from Apple seems to be the Touch ID.
- Address Space Layout Randomization works beyond our comprehension.
- Non-executable Memory makes it harder or impossible for viruses to take control of the full device.
- Encryption using the AES 256 is very efficient.
- Keychain is the same as Password Managers in Android.
- App Security is taken very seriously in iOS, resulting in strict rules and measures.
- Network Security is very tight in iOS, and things like ‘Two FA’ are really common.
iOS 14 – The latest bomb
iOS 14 claims to do things in a fresh way. Widgets on the Home Screen make the whole experience of iPhones so far completely overturned. Anyone can now literally choose any widget and put it on the home screen or arrange it as they please, a very basic feature included in Androids since way back. But even better is that one can make the widgets smarter by adding a Smart Stack of widgets that will function based on the apps the user uses the most.
The new app library looks so dope and arranges everything according to categories. The call incoming screen now has the ability to show up itself in small size. Like this, a vast amount of changes have been brought with the iOS 14, which, to be honest, is just the same features iPhone users have been dreaming to get from their counterpart, Android.
The best part about iOS is that it is still the most compact OS out there, and if Apple can maintain their not filling up space with Bloats policy, they are going to win every war ahead.