Samsung is going to support all of its smartphones with 4 years of updates. Samsung is coping up and catching up to the other contenders in the market like Google or iPhone in terms of Updates and Support to the existing users as they simply do not want to lag behind. Google Phones get a long period of updates from the Tech Giant and such is the case with OnePlus too, up to a certain standard. As a result, Samsung is also wanting to satisfy their customers just like that. As a result, comes the announcement of 4 years of updates in the Galaxy Smartphones from none other than Samsung.
Samsung to Deliver 4 years of Update – Why?
“At Samsung, our no.1 priority is offering the best and highest safe smartphone experience to our users, and we’re constantly optimizing the security of our products and services,” said Seungwon Shin, VP & Head of Security Team at Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “Mobile devices play such an important role in our lives, it’s only natural that we want to hold onto them longer. That’s why, thanks to the latest technology advancements, we’re committing to securing Galaxy devices for even longer with 4 years of updates, so that everything that should be kept protected stays protected.”Samsung
Galaxy products launched in 2019, including the Z, S, Note, A, M, XCover, and Tab series, will now receive at least 4 years of updates (security).
Some of the devices from the 130 models eligible for the 4 years of updates:
- Galaxy Foldable devices: Fold, Fold 5G, Z Fold2, Z Fold2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy S series: S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20, S20 5G, S20+, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note series: Note10, Note10 5G, Note10+, Note10+ 5G, Note10 Lite, Note20, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra, Note20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy A series: A10, A10e, A10s, A20, A20s, A30, A30s, A40, A50, A50s, A60, A70, A70s, A80, A90 5G, A11, A21, A21s, A31, A41, A51, A51 5G, A71, A71 5G, A02s, A12, A32 5G, A42 5G
- Galaxy M series: M10s, M20, M30, M30s, M40, M11, M12, M21, M31, M31s, M51
- Galaxy XCover series: XCover4s, XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro
- Galaxy Tab series: Tab Active Pro, Tab Active3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7+
With this improvement, Samsung is gradually proving to be better than its competitions in almost all sectors. However, the path to perfection is still far far away as 4 years of updates will not help Samsung with everything. The Galaxy Devices are in a different class of their own.
Basically, entry-level devices like the M Series are also eligible for this update from now on. The premium level flagship-grade smartphones of the company like the S or Note series are also getting the feat as expected. This will enable Samsung to keep all of the customers happy and returning and as a result, an increase in sales is expected. Besides, the trust in Samsung never fades as they continue to take on different interesting measures for the users.
We have always seen Samsung doing the right thing when it comes to moments of truth and needs. They did not fail to do the exact thing this time, too. Samsung has raised a storm of appraisal from all around the world after this decision to extend the period of updates. Tech Enthusiasts and YouTubers of all sorts are just flooding Samsung after this angelic decision of saving the lives of many smartphones for a much longer time than before. However, we still need to see the after-effects of this decision and the decision actually being implemented in real daily life and Samsung really delivering 4 years of updates. So, let us hope for Samsung and wait.
Let’s hope for the best!