Earlier Timing of the Update: 08/02/2021
Elongated Timing of the Update: 15/05/2021
WhatsApp, on the other hand, has now stopped its policy update for a short period of time to clear the misconceptions regarding the policy.
The earlier timing of implementation was by the 8th of February, 2021 whereas now it has been taken up to May 15, 2021.
Within this period, WhatsApp hopes to earn back the trust of its users, though, the recent statistics indicate otherwise.
- Better Communications with Business Parties: People use WhatsApp for their business works and agencies. The Business profiles use Facebook and also other social media to continue their business, and as a result, WhatsApp is now more connected to the third-party services to deliver more appropriate and proper integration over the platforms.
- Easier to Connect: Now, WhatsApp is fully integrated with Facebook and its other child companies like Instagram or Messenger for example. They are now combined in Chats, Groups, Calls, etc. everything you can possibly imagine. And the business manager of Facebook takes all of these to a whole new level.
You can find all of these summed up in the link here. The official Page of Key updates to the Policies of WhatsApp can be found there.
Information they collect from us
- Our Account Info: The basic info provided to almost all of the websites and/or services and applications worldwide while signing up for their platform is also needed here, e.g., mobile number, email, address, name, etc.
What they do with these
- They use it in their services which is fine.
- They use it for safety, security, and integrity which is fine.